Support the Work of the Buckminster Fuller Institute
BFI educates, instigates and accelerates present-day Bucky-planetary thinkers who are creating on-the-ground systems change. Join us in supporting innovators throughout our Spaceship Earth who are designing a future that works for all and demonstrating change at the grass-roots level.
At BFI, we accelerate planetary thinking and cooperation.
Buckminster Fuller Institute conducts in-depth research, education, acceleration and re-granting programs to translate systems design and systems thinking into real action.
BFI’s Regenerosity program, in partnership with UNDP and LUSH, supports exemplary regenerative agriculture projects throughout our Spaceship Earth that work to stabilize our climate while creating cascading social, economic and well-being benefits for all.
Design Science Studio
The Institute hosts several research and learning communities with a planetary crew of philanthropists, scientists and innovators and, through the Design Science Studio, designers and artists, catalyzing their collective transformative power to help envision and build a world that works for 100% of life.
Co-operating Manual for Spaceship Earth
All of BFI’s programs come together in the Co-Operating Manual for Spaceship Earth, a “Whole Earth Catalogue” for today. This ambitious project, co-created with our wide network of planetary partners, is an omni-channel educational media platform that combines an engineer’s tone with a fun approachable style to describe and amplify systems solutions for climate change, inequality, corruption and other wicked problems.
Trimtab Space Camp
BFIs flagship online course on how to think like nature and design a world that works for all. Design science provides us tools for cognition for the big challenges of our time. In order to practically change the world, we need to take a comprehensive anticipatory lens on our future.
Give to BFI Today
All memberships include:
- 50% Discount on Trimtab Space Camp, our online global course on cutting edge topics in systems thinking and design science
- Access to the Member Clubhouse — a diverse planetary online community with regular frequent virtual meet-ups
- Subscription to the Member Newsletter with access to rare Fuller content
- Free access to Member Book Club
- Exclusive access to member events and early access to all BFI events.
- 5% discount on products in the Dymaxion Marketplace and advance notice of rare and collectible items
Includes all benefits from the Dymaxion Level, plus:
- 75% Discount on Trimtab Space Camp, our online course where you collaborate on projects with global members
- Discount on Expert Deep Dives, week-long courses on topics like Synergetics, World Building, Futurism, and more.
- 10% discount on products in the Dymaxion Marketplace and advance notice of rare and collectible items
- Provides a free membership to someone who is eager to join and unable to contribute financially
Includes all benefits from the Dymaxion and Synergy Levels, plus:
- FREE tuition to Trimtab Space Camp, our online course where you collaborate on projects with global members
- Exclusive member t-shirt after six months of membership
- A dymaxion map of your choice after a year of membership
- Potential to be featured in our member of the month highlight in the BFI Trimtab newsletter
- 15% discount on products in the Dymaxion Marketplace and advance notice of rare and collectible items
- Provides a free membership to two people who are eager to join and unable to contribute financially
Our programs accelerate solutions that radically regenerate earth’s ecosystems. We amplify the work of hundreds of leaders through our growing storytelling and media programs and invite you to be part of these stories.
Fifty years ago, renowned polymath Buckminster Fuller called for a design science revolution to meet the needs of 100% of humanity in one decade. The continued urgency of the need and the vast potential of the technology of today inspire BFI to reignite this revolution and dub the 2020’s the Design Science Decade. We envision this as the most transformative, decisive decade of action the world has yet to see, during which humanity will shift from “me” to “we” in a global shift to co-operating by using the science of nature’s intelligence as design inspiration.